Monday, June 24, 2013

So I guess I'm starting a blog...

Hi friends!  I'm completely new to this whole blogging thing, so bare with me please!  I wanted to start this blog because my husband is an AMAZING cook and this will give us a place to keep his recipes, and it gives us a chance to share the things we love.  I also love to bake and I tend to think I'm pretty good at it (not to toot my own horn or anything).  Sweets are my thing.  So I figured this was something we could do together, even though I will be the main one posting.

So, that is a little about why I wanted to start the blog, but now I will tell you a little about us (if you are interested)

My name is Amanda.  My husband's name is Brandon.  




We are both originally from Wilmington NC, but now live in Raleigh.  We started dating when I has 14 and he was 16 and got married in October of 2012.  
 


We both went to NC State and are huge Wolfpack fans! 



We have three 4-legged kids.  2 dogs: Buddy and Rudy, and 1 cat: Marley(pics below).  Brandon is an Engineer for AT&T and I am a 1st grade teacher.  



Right now I am on summer break and don't have much to do. I get bored a lot and have a lot of free time which is why I was motivated to do this blog  (I may regret this when school starts and I have no free time).  Since it is just the 2 of us, most of our meals are made for 2 or either they have left overs that we will eat the next day.  We try to eat somewhat healthy throughout the week, but tend to splurge a little more on the weekends.  I'm sure you will be able to tell if it is a weeknight meal or a weekend meal.  We have some AWESOME friends (see below) and love to cook for them, so some of our stuff may be meant to feed a crowd.  

We both love to eat and love to create yummy things.  We hope you will find some things you like on our blog.  Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment